Sunday, September 7, 2008

60 Years of Wedded Bliss

In my last post, I mentioned that I recently attended my grandparents' 60th Wedding Anniversary party. My grandparents have been blessed with 5 daughters, 10 grandchildren, and 7 great grandchildren (so far).

Just before we ate, my grandfather stood and said a prayer to bless the food (as goes tradition). As he was standing, I took a look around the room at everyone (I think there were 23 of us). I thought to myself, "Wow! These two people (along with God's help) created all of this!" After they have gone, they will leave behind a legacy rich with tradition (even if it's only the mandatory discussion of religion and politics at every family gathering).

My grandfather is most definitely the flagship of our family. He and my grandmother have been exceptional examples and role models for hard work and living a God-fearing life. They've struggled quite a bit in their lifetimes, but they have persevered and always had faith that the Lord would guide them.

I am so thankful to have such wonderful examples in my life. 60 years! What a feat!

No comments: